While the outcome may not be a surpise, the margin certainly is. New Hartford beat RFA 8-3 in the Section III Division II semi final at the Rec. Center in New Hartford.
Plain and simple, News Hartford out skated the Black Knights. While they may have been fairly even in the hitting department...it was agressive skating and better puck movement that set the tone for the Spartan win.
NH was up 1-0 after the first on a goal by Rich Steele. They took a 2-0 lead early in the second on a Rob Luker goal before RFA pulled with in one on an Aaron Greggory goal. Clay Whittemore added another in the second and the Spartans were on their way.
Dan Wentworth had two goals and an assist on the night for New Hartford.
New Hartford goes to Clinton Friday night to determine the Section III Division II champions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Tom,
Thanks for 'blogging the game. I knew it would be SRO so I decided to stay home and follow your updates instead.
I thought NH had an edge in intangibles going into the game (and so would probably win) but as I've written before, RFA has talent and I was loathe to count them out.
It seems Rome (predictably) melted in the 3rd but I'm curious about penalties. You wrote after two periods it was getting chippy. There were so many goals in the 3rd; how many were power play goals? Any untoward incidents, majors, misconducts, injuries, benchings, etc?
Quite a surprising margin but I still think Clinton's three lines will be the difference on Friday. Still, it'll be a great atmosphere amid a likely full house.
Best of luck to both Clinton and New Hartford and congratulations to RFA on a great 2006-2007 campaign.
Post a Comment